Our History

Members of the Finnish community in Maynard gathered in August 1894 for an outdoor worship service and picnic in a pine grove on the banks of the Mill Pond. The enthusiasm that developed led to the start of the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of Maynard, Massachusetts. Property at 18-20 Glendale Street in Maynard was purchased for the congregation. Construction began on June 24, 1907 and was completed on November 17, 1907.

ry->finalize(); ?>