J.W. Walker & Sons, Ltd. and the St. John Pipe Organ

J. W. Walker & Sons Ltd., founded in 1828, trace their origins back to the illustrious sixteenth century organ builder Thomas Dallum, whose exquisite organ case still graces the chapel of King’s College in Cambridge, England. Today, after 180 years of exporting organs worldwide, Walker operates from one of the most modern purpose-built organ builders’ workshops in Europe.

Recognition of the firm’s craftsmanship came from the English Royal Family in 1880, when the Prince of Wales ordered the new instrument for their country estate at Sandringham, and later, as Edward VII ordered a larger instrument. Queen Victoria made gifts of Walker Organs. The Royal Appointment was continued by: King George V in 1920; King George VI in 1940; and currently by appointment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Many other worldwide commissions and distinctions throughout their long history have given J. W. Walker & Sons global renown for their quality, durability and attention to detail, truly placing them in the forefront of the minds of discerning musicians.

ry->finalize(); ?>